Is Duct Cleaning A Waste of Money?
There are many so-called “duct cleaning” companies that advertise their services for $149, $49, or even less to clean your air ducts. Beware of these “deals,” not only because they are a bait-and-switch deal, but because any duct cleaning service that costs less than $200 is a complete waste of money.
Service Legends conducts a whole house duct cleaning service, which requires many hours of hard work, advanced equipment, and expert knowledge. But, once it is done, you know that you got what you paid for.
The EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency) states that a duct cleaning service, “providing that it is done properly”, will take 3 to 8 hours and will “range in cost from $450.00 to $1,000.00 per heating and cooling system, depending on the services offered, the size of the system to be cleaned, system accessibility, the climate region, and level of contamination.”
The cheap air duct cleaning coupons have been the subject of many undercover investigations. It is a typical bait-and-switch operation, where the customer is “baited” by the low air duct cleaning offer, only to be told that they need other, more expensive, services such as mold removal (the “switch”).
Beware of Duct Cleaning Scammers
A proper duct cleaning job, or what we like to refer to as “source removal,” includes “all components of the system.” As the EPA reports, “failure to clean the components of a contaminated system can result in re-contamination of the entire system, thus negating any potential benefits.”
Service Legends has the most powerful duct cleaning machine in the state of Iowa. Cleaning your ductwork will help your heating and cooling system perform more efficiently and cost-effectively, which may decrease energy costs, and last longer, thereby reducing the need for costly replacement or repairs. Duct cleaning does get rid of the stuff that mold and bacteria grow on, and that means less of it gets airborne, a boon to allergy sufferers.
You may think that air filters prevent dust and debris from streaming into the air you breathe; however, most filters cannot prevent allergy-inducing molds, mites, and bacteria from entering your home. Mold cleanup can be expensive, but for optimal health, it may be necessary. Get a duct cleaning from Service Legends to prevent future issues and breathe clean air.
Here are some ways you can tell if you need a professional duct cleaning:
- If someone in your house is suffering from frequent allergy attacks from the amount of dust in your home
- If you see cobwebs, hair, or other bits of dust and debris blowing out of your registers
- If there is visible mold inside and around the edge of your ducts
- If you suspect animal infestation or nesting in your ducts
- If you have recently done extensive remodeling in your home. Ducts should be covered during any home remodeling.
- If you look into your duct with a flashlight and see dust bunnies, objects, dirt, and debris.
- You don’t remember the last time your ducts were thoroughly cleaned
If you really want to see what is inside your supply and return ducts, locate your vent registers and remove the grill plate with a screwdriver. Then, take your iPhone or camera with a flash and reach into the duct as far as you can and snap a couple of pictures. If your photos reveal dust and debris buildup, it’s time for a professional cleaning from the technicians at Service Legends!
Give us 4 Hours with Your Filthy Air Ducts and we’ll help you:
- Avoid headaches, sleep problems, allergies and more
- Unclog sinuses that cause pain, drowsiness, and mental confusion
- Increase energy efficiency and save you money on your energy bill
- Eliminate the resistance and blockage of airflow that robs your furnace and air conditioner of top efficiency
- Reduce costly repairs and breakdowns
- Remove pet dander from your home
Thank you for making Service Legends the #1 provider of residential heating and air conditioning in the Des Moines area. Our lines are open 24/7 at 515-COMFORT (515.266.3678).
Service Legends is a member of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA)*
*NADCA’s mission is to represent qualified companies engaged in the inspection, maintenance and restoration of HVAC systems, promote source removal as the only acceptable method of cleaning, establish industry standards for the association, and assist NADCA members in providing high-quality service to their customers.
GOT DIRTY DUCTS? YOU’RE A SITTING DUCK TO HEALTH PROBLEMS.
Imagine what your carpet would look like in a few years if it were never vacuumed or cleaned. That’s what your air ducts look like without any upkeep.
Over time, dust, smoke, pollen, mold and fungus build up in your ductwork. This creates a “chemical and biological” soup that you are breathing in that can cause these health problems. Unfortunately, a well-insulated home can intensify the problem since the air inside the home becomes trapped.
Give my Home Comfort Heroes four hours for a thorough HVAC duct cleaning and you can:
- Avoid headaches, sleep problems, allergies, and more
- Unclog sinuses that cause pain, drowsiness, and mental confusion
- Avoid spending money on over-the-counter drugs that are expensive and addictive
- Be more comfortable, refreshed, and alert
- Lower your energy bills by eliminating the blockage of airflow that robs your furnace and air conditioner of efficiency
We have invested in the most powerful duct cleaning machines in Des Moines and throughout all of Iowa. Our Home Comfort Heroes use these machines to create a strong vacuum throughout the entire ductwork system while supplying very high pressure combined with agitation to clean your ducts from dust, pet dander and debris.
Schedule a source removal duct cleaning appointment or call 515-657-6634 to set up a time for us to come out and show you what your ductwork looks like. Afterward, we guarantee that you will be happy and enjoy clean air in your home.
515-657-6634Request Appointment Online
- Is Duct Cleaning All I Need for Cleaner Air in My Home?
- How Does An Air Duct Cleaning Work?
- Beware of Bait & Switch Duct Cleaning Scams
- How Often Should Air Ducts Be Cleaned?
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- May 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- September 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013