Dryer Vent Cleaning
Wondering If You Should Have A Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Every appliance comes with its own maintenance, including your dryer, and it’s often a chore that many homeowners neglect. By routinely cleaning your dryer vent, you can save yourself from dangerous house fires and costly utility bills. Don’t wait until you start smelling smoke, protect your home and household by cleaning your dryer vent.
- Reduce the risk of a dryer fire
- Save energy and money
- Extend the life of your dryer with fewer repairs
- Your clothes will dry faster with less lint left on them
- Increase the life of your clothing (longer dry time, more heat = damages fibers in clothes)
- Remove allergens potentially growing in the dryer vent
- Carbon monoxide poisoning prevention for gas dryers
Don’t be a statistic – protect your home with Service Legends’ dryer vent cleaning services. Call us at 515-657-6634 to schedule a dryer vent cleaning today.
Protect Your Greatest Investment
No homeowner wants to deal with the frustration of damp laundry, especially when it can result in a house fire. Taking care of your dryer, however, involves much more than routinely cleaning the lint trap. Dirty dryer vents are notorious for collecting lint and other debris, and over time it can clog up and cause problems.
In fact, a clogged-up dryer vent isn’t just a nuisance, it’s a safety hazard. The lint that collects inside your dryer vent is very flammable, and when enough builds up inside, it traps heat and can cause a fire. Cleaning your dryer vent not only protects your clothing but keeps your entire house from burning down.
Top 4 Warning Signs
If you don’t remember the last time your dryer vent was cleaned, it’s time to schedule a dryer vent cleaning service. Here are four warning signs to watch out for:
- Damp loads of laundry. A buildup of lint and other debris can prevent your dryer from ventilating air and doing its job. A clogged dryer vent can result in not only in the soggy laundry but money and energy wasted on multiple cycles. Cleaning your dryer vent keeps opening a clear passage of air that enables your dryer to function properly.
- Excessive heat or humidity. A dirty dryer vent not only poses a fire hazard, but it also traps and relocates that excess heat back inside your home. Dryers already produce a lot of heat in order to dry your clothes, having that heat cycle back into your home can create an uncomfortable problem.
- Musty odors. The trapped heat from a dirty dryer vent can also result in musty odors. It’s not just a matter of unpleasant smells, however, as the trapped heat and humidity can turn into mold, which is a serious health risk.
- High utility bills. Just like your air conditioner or furnace, your dryer requires proper ventilation in order to function effectively. When the dryer vent is full of lint, it traps that excess heat into your home and prevents your dryer from drying your clothes. Your dryer already uses a lot of energy, and both issues end up raising the costs of your utility bill.
Let Service Legends help you take dryer vent cleaning to another level! Our Home Comfort Heroes are standing by to take your call today.
Keeping up with the laundry can be tricky enough, but even your dryer requires some routine maintenance in order to function properly. How often you clean your dryer vent will depend on how often you use your dryer.
First things first, you need to make sure you clean your lint trap after every use; this ensures the air moves freely inside the machine so it can dry your clothes. You might be thinking because you constantly clean your lint trap, that you’re off the hook for cleaning the dryer vent – there’s no such luck. Small fibers can still get through the lint trap and over time, it can clog up your dryer vent.
For homeowners who use their dryer 4-5 times a week, an annual (once a year) dryer vent cleaning should suffice. If you’re cleaning 4-5 loads of laundry daily, however, it’s best to clean your dryer vent at least every six months. Regardless of how often you use your dryer, your dryer vent needs to be cleaned in order to avoid catastrophe down the road.
Not sure how often you should clean your dryer vent? Call the experts at Service Legends for your free dryer vent cleaning estimate today at 515-657-6634.
“Very quick and professional. Showed me pictures of what everything looked like before cleaning and after.”
Andrew L., homeowner