Repair or Replace Your Air Conditioner?
There are certain tell tale signs that indicate it’s time to consider heating and cooling replacement. Although some homeowners wait until their air conditioner is no longer working to find a replacement, it is much better to be proactive and consider your options before an emergency strikes.
Additionally, making a good decision on the product and the installer can save you thousands on the lifetime expense of your system.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner:
It may be time to call a professional contractor to help you make a change if:
- Your air conditioner is more than 10 years old.
- You haven’t had annual maintenance on your heating and air conditioning system. A poorly maintained system can cut up to 5 years of an HVAC system’s lifespan.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up.
- Your cooling equipment needs an expensive repair. Do a cost-benefit analysis to see if the repair makes sense.
- Some rooms in your home are too hot or too cold.
Improper equipment operation, the wrong equipment size, duct problems, or inadequate insulation could be the cause.
- You use your air conditioner a lot. If you have a lot of air leaks in your home, the additional operating hours of your A/C will increase the risk of a breakdown.
- Your home has humidity and other indoor air quality problems problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
- Your home is excessively dusty.
Leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces and basements and distribute them throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may be a solution.
- Your heating or cooling system is noisy.
You could have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
With proper maintenance, your air conditioning system should around 15 years. If your A/C is in the 10-15 year old range, give Service Legends a call to diagnose your system and recommend solutions for repair or replacement.
Don’t drain your finances on a air conditioner that is on its last leg. A new system will save you 30-50% off your utility bill. We can walk you through the steps of choosing the right air conditioning system for your home and family. We also help you get all the rebates and tax incentives available for installing an energy efficient HVAC system.
We guarantee 100% satisfaction. If you are not satisfied, we return for a free follow-up service, no questions asked. Trust your HVAC repairs and replacements to a professional HVAC company. Improper installation can create unwanted problems and increase your energy bill.
Our on-time guarantee is the best in the country, and backed by heating and air technicians that are trained, skilled and ready to exceed your expectations and needs. Give us a call today and we will walk you through the process of purchasing a new A/C system.
Heating and Cooling Des Moines Since 1997
At Service Legends, we take pride in heating and cooling Des Moines and the surrounding areas. Our HVAC services include furnace and air conditioner installation, repairs, maintenance and tune ups. Our lineup of Indoor Air Quality solutions includes whole home humidifiers, air purifiers and air filtration systems. We can even help with HVAC financing.
Call 515-657-6634 to contact our Home Comfort Heroes today. We’re standing by 24/7.Return