How Will I Know When to Replace My Furnace?
It might be hard to know exactly when your heating system is going to fail or how often you should replace your furnace. However, your heating system can display clues that it’s close to permanent failure. Here are several of the most usual signs of needing furnace installation.
1. Furnace Age
With proper maintenance, most furnaces last for close to 20 years, although some may last even longer. If yours is nearing that age, it’s time to initiate planning for furnace replacement. That way, you won’t have an interruption in comfort when your furnace finally gives out.
Related Topic: It’s That Time Again: Schedule Your Heating Maintenance
2. Furnace Repair Frequency and Cost
Furnace repair if this happens. If your most recent bills are over half the cost of a new furnace or our experts are incessantly fixing your heating system, you should start thinking about replacing your furnace.
3. Decreased Comfort and Increased Heating Bills
Your furnace loses efficiency as it ages. Because of reduced performance, your comfort and heating bills can suffer.
Here are a couple of signs that your furnace is struggling:
- Your furnace starts and stops too often, even if you responsibly change the air filter.
- Your furnace blows cold air even when the filter is clean.
- You have trouble regulating the temperature in your home.
- You’re constantly adjusting the thermostat because your home seems too cold.
- Your energy bills are skyrocketing.
Furnace installation might help you reduce your heating bills, even if you keep your thermostat the same. That’s because newer furnaces are much more efficient at producing heat from fuel.
For example, an old 80% AFUE furnace wastes 20% of the fuel it consumes, while a newer 95% high-efficiency model only wastes 5%. Those savings in HVAC energy-efficiency ratings can really add up over its lifetime!
4. Strange Furnace Noises
It’s expected for your furnace to create some noise as it heats your home. But furnace noises like rattling, banging or screeching may mean there’s something severely wrong with it. Because these problems can be expensive to repair, it’s often smarter to get a new furnace.
5. Yellow Burner Flames
When your furnace is working like it’s supposed to, its burner flames are blue. If you find yellow flames, it means your furnace isn’t burning fuel very effectively and may even be producing harmful carbon monoxide. A furnace with carbon monoxide concerns is a safety hazard and needs to be replaced right away.
Related Topic: How to Properly Mount a Carbon Monoxide Detector Near A Furnace
Should I Replace My Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time?
It’s often less expensive to replace your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. Plus, you’ll also enjoy greater energy efficiency year-round.
Here’s when you should replace both systems at the same time:
- Your furnace and air conditioner are more than 15 years old.
- You want to install a high-efficiency air conditioner soon, which might not be compatible with an older model.
- You want to boost your energy savings with a smart thermostat, which often doesn’t work with older heating and cooling equipment.
- Installation is difficult.
- You don’t want to have to worry about heating and cooling repairs in the next few years.
Knowing when to schedule furnace installation can be tough and stressful. Our experts at Service Legends have an A+ in home comfort, so you can count on them to help you make the right decision. Get started by calling us to request your free home comfort assessment today!
515-657-6634Request Appointment Online
What to Anticipate During Furnace Installation
Here’s what will happen when we hook up your new heater.
- Tidy installation—When we’re inside, we’ll wear shoe booties to defend your flooring from any dust we might bring in. We set up protective cloths around the installation location to avoid messes.
- Expert services—Our technicians have obtained some of the most distinguished technical certifications in the business.
- A thorough check—After everything’s finished, we go through a sheet to make sure your heating equipment is working like it should before we leave.
- Exceeding expectations—We’ll hook up your new furnace to match local code. And we’ll regularly go beyond expectations, for the most outstanding work anywhere.
Set Your Furnace Installation Right Away with Service Legends
Need an extra reason to buy a furnace from Service Legends?
Your new furnace includes a free membership plan. This provides you with a head start on suitable furnace service and keeps your warranty valid.
Give us a call or contact us online to request your appointment now.
515-657-6634Request Appointment Online
- Impacts of Heating & Cooling Changes In 2023
- 2 Ways An Air Filter Can Kill Your Air Conditioner and Furnace
- All About Furnace Replacement: Cost & When to Do It
- What Is That Smell Coming From My Furnace?
- 7 Types of Home Heating Systems And How to Choose One
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- May 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- September 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013